Friday, March 22, 2013

No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe


This is from my friend, Darlene.  A total life-save at that time of day when you want to snart nibbling.  Three of these is about the same calorie count as one homemade cookie!  And it is more filling and healthier.
Ingredients:
1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ ( I use wheat germ)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use mini chocolate chips)
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Method:
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.)  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 20-25 balls.
I have used chunky peanut butter which adds a yummy crunch.  I have also tried adding chopped almonds or walnuts which add a yummy crunch too!  Also way delicious is using steel cut oats for a texture burst that my mouth loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment