Friday, March 29, 2013

A Week Full of Easter Celebrations Part 1

We've had a full week of Easter celebrating… so full that I haven't even finished with pictures from visiting Las Vegas yet.

Wednesday Night
I made a dinner to celebrate Passover, though that is not the official day for it.

We ate:
--braised beef
--brown rice
--unleavened bread (I made if from a recipe I found On-line)
--broccoli
--oranges and berries

I found a website with an article called "What would Jesus eat?"  That is what gave me most of the food ideas.

Thursday Night
We had Hot Cross Buns.  Pioneer Woman's Recipe.  They turned out mighty fine!

Good Friday
We decided to head down to the Flower Show at Macy's in the evening.  I have to say this is one of the finer flower displays I've seen in a long time.

The theme: "The Painted Garden"

The colors were super vibrant with a very India-type theme running throughout.


Some of my favorites:
Trees painted in pink, orange, and white, with matching flowers surrounding them.


LOVED the umbrellas!




And fun backdrops to take pictures.

 Our girls were taking the pictures and said, "Dad, you're not smiling big enough!" (above)  So this is what he came up with (below).  I am thinking "Hurry this up!  There is a long line of people waiting to sit here staring at us goofs."  You can totally tell that is what I am thinking.

Afterwards, we ate dinner at Panera's downtown.  They have a very cool building downtown.

Tomorrow we will see if the girls want to die Easter Eggs… does one outgrow dieing eggs?  I am betting not.  We will see what they say.  I would like to die at least one red.  Also found that On-line (what did I do at Easter before we had the Internet???).  The red symbolizes the blood of Christ and His Atonement.  An egg, which represents new life-- died red-- is a wonderful reminder of the resurrection at Easter.

Lastly, on Sunday, we will be attending church, which I am looking forward to.  Easter sermons are full of hope and the reminder that Christ is still living, and that through Him, we will all receive the priceless gift of the resurrection and be restored to a perfect body.

After church, we'll meet up with some friends for Easter dinner.  We're bringing dessert, salad, and rolls.  Can't wait for more baking!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment