Friday, April 5, 2013

Promise Yourself



I belong to a women's group called the Relief Society.  We recently met for one our monthly meetings. The theme was "These are a few of my favorite things" and we were each supposed to bring a little something that we love, and give it to someone else (I brought a cupcake stand, of course!)

One of my friends brought her personal mission statement, copied on some fun and bright and cheerful paper.  She read it and shared it with everyone.  She explained that she didn't write it herself, but had come across it years ago and adopted it as words to live by.  The amazing thing is that this really does describe my friend.  She really strives to be this person.

I love it because it is a reminder to be purposeful and intentional.

What words do you live by?

Promise Yourself

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

To Make all your friends feel like there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living person you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, and too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

--Christian D. Larson (don't know who Mr. Larson is, but that is who wrote this ;o)

And while I don't have a picture of my friend and I, I do have a picture of our daughters-- children definitely inspire me to promise myself to be my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment