Thursday, April 4, 2013

Magestic Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, the Marina, and CARP!

People from Minnesota often have a hard time understanding why I miss the desert.  When we first moved here, I missed the brown earth, pastel mountains, and blue blue sky.  With time, I have absolutely grown to love and appreciate the trees, grass, lakes, and changing seasons of Minnesota.  But when I go home, my soul completely opens us and feels so good to be surrounded by what I dub "earth"-- it is dotted with brush, but the brown earth is very exposed.  And I love it.

Here are my "visuals" to illustrate my point.

Here is Lake Mead.




Does it not look like a picture painted in pastels?




We met up with my awesome in-laws there, then spent a few days enjoying Vegas with them.

This picture was taken last time we were at Lake Mead Marina… Those CARP!!!! Been feeding those since I was a kid, and it was so fun to take my girls to do the same thing (too bad we didn't have time this time).  Funny- that little girl right below… is the same girl up above on the end on the right.







And the amazing Hoover Dam.  I remember the day we would just drive down the curvy, windy road and park right on the dam.  My cousin and I would play and run and put one foot on the Arizona side, and one foot on the Nevada side.  We got a kick out of that!  These pictures are from when they were still building the new bridge, which is completed now.




All good things must come to an end, and we did have to move on to other adventures for the day.  Here is some of the beautiful drive as we left the lake driving towards Henderson to get to Vegas.















No comments:

Post a Comment