Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hike #2- Hiking the Y


Hike #2- Hiking the "Y"
You really haven't lived until you've hiked the "Y".  The "Y" is the painted white Y on the mountain that overlooks BYU.  I think we were almost engaged the last time me and my honey hiked that baby.
It is really steep with switch backs the whole way.  My youngest and my husband hiked that early one morning while my oldest and I were attending the dance classes.  Kudos to the 2 of them for hiking that to make a great memory and also for the awesome views.

Here they are starting out…. wow- how can they be so silly that early in the morning?  That's what happens when you have a fun dad and a teenager together.  It might also have to do with the cool brand new shoes she is wearing.  The first one is the "before"…. not quite as chipper as the second one which is the "after".  Adrenaline will do that for you, too.




Goofy.  Pretending to be tired.

Woohoo-- they made it to the top.  Look at that view!


"I can sit on the Y."   (AAAhhhhh!  Be careful- don't roll off!  That is steep.)
 Always time for lots of SELFIES!










No comments:

Post a Comment