Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Valentine's Mantle

See the post right before this to read about the challenge I gave myself.

Here is the finished product... a pink, green, and white Valentine's mantle.

It has been so grey here in Minnesota lately, that the pinks and greens really spoke to me.  So did this little bird.  Little Birdie keeps me happy when I am missing all the little critters that have flown south for the winter.  I picked him up at a craft store about a year ago.

My cute little banner cost about $3 to make.  It took about an hour of time.  About half-an-hour to select the paper and punch the di-cuts at Archiver's.  I bought ribbon on Clearance at Michael's for 99 cents.  I know- get out of town- that is cheap!  Then it took about a half-hour to design it and tape it together.  I used double-sided tape on the parts touching the ribbon, and a glue stick when it was time to glue paper to paper.

I like the idea of switching things out with a little color.  You'll notice from my Christmas pictures below that I used a lot of the same things, just with a different twist: instead of ornaments hanging from frames, I used hearts.  The red berries are awesome for Christmas, but also Valentine's. 


Serve up a little love with a heart on a pedestal... decorating with pedestal stands is the best!


I have these frames and this beautiful antique mirror and a lot more available for rent if you live in the Twin Cities. The possibilities are endless!




















No comments:

Post a Comment